Monday, May 11, 2009

Shashlikie! (Bar-B-Q)

Inna and Nastya came over for a bar-b-q this last weekend. I love it when they come over. Inna is quite the instigator for family affairs, she loves to do things like go for walks, go camping, etc . She is always so much fun to have around. Not to mention that she absolutely adores Lillia and Lillia adores her back.
So after the food and taking Lillia for a walk we sat down next to a bunch of apple trees and had some fun talking, laughing and just enjoying each other. I love this picture to the right that I caught of Dima and Inna...a great picture if I might say so myself. ;) And while we all sat on an old soviet recliner Lillia laid in her "chariot" and relaxed. The recliner ended up giving out on us near the end of the day (the fabric completely ripped from the frame).



And than we decided that we had a perfect backdrop with all the apple trees in bloom, so we took a few pictures. The one below of me and Lillia has to be one of my all time favorites, thanks to Dima's great photography skills and Inna and Dima's Mom standing behind him and working double time to get that smile from Lillia. :0)



Lillia with Inna in the new hat that Inna gave her.

4 comments:

  1. I love that family picture of you, Dmitry, and Lillia with the apple tree in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, beautiful pictures!!! All of them--and I love that one of you and your darling daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is this your home? Do you live out in the country or just have a big yard? You are going to have to email me with all my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your description of Sundays. When Caleb and Leah were little we went to church in a BYU singles ward and we had the only babies. Nothing like yours but I remember wondering, "why am I at church?" I can't hear anything (I was in the halls during all the class times and most of sacrament meetings because we made too much noise in a quiet singles ward setting) and Larry would always tell me, You'll be blessed!! Now I can see that yes, I have been overwhelmingly blessed. Doesn't mean it wasn't hard, but obedience brings forth the blessings. One day, you'll be grateful you did it. It's so fun to see your life and how things are going for you. We love you. Can't wait to see you at Angelas wedding. Aunt Sandra

    ReplyDelete