
Well, I am
finally getting these posted. Lillia's party was a month ago...ahem. Anyways, here are some videos and a few pictures. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot (given this was my first, I guess that was to be expected). We had my parents, some of my brothers and sisters, and some of our wonderful friends come. Having them all come made it a really great day for us. I actually made that cake up above...it was a disaster before it actually worked out. I was trying to figure out how to make the remaining part of the frosting chocolate and opened a can of cocoa and it poofed all over the side of the cake. I just about had a heart attack and Dmitry suggested making the whole cake chocolate. But in the end I found that I could cover the half of the cake with frosting carefully, and that no, cocoa doesn't make chocolate frosting...I had to use cooking chocolate. I used a sandwich bag with the end cut off to pipe through and write the letters and than used a cheap piping tip to do the dots around the cake. It was a new experience. The cake was a caramel apple cake, cupcakes were devels food cake with raspberry frosting (ok, those I tasted after the party and just about died...yummy! They just might be my birthday cake too!). We had miniture pizzas that we made, my brothers practically inhaled those...we could hardly keep enough coming. My Mom was wonderful and brought some yummy chicken sandwiches and than we finished it off with some veggie and fruit trays. The party was basically just eating and talking.

Lillia enjoying her cake.

Unwrapping the gifts.

Our friends were incredibly generous with Lillia, she received some very nice gifts. So very nice of them. For those of you who caught the Christmas wrapping paper, yes that was me. I had set aside some of the gifts we wrapped for Christmas when we realized that she didn't need them all for Christmas. We decided it would be best to just bring them out for her birthday. I totally intended on getting them rewrapped, but in all the preperations of the party I totally forgot until the moment of unwrapping gifts. Yikes...oh, well. Maybe I won't do too many silly things the next time around. :)
Cute!! That reminds me that i never posted Caleb's b-day pics...hmmm :)
ReplyDeleteWow, she is so cute--I can't believe she is 1!!
So Cute! I love that second video where she can't seem to get enough of that cake. How fun!
ReplyDeleteLillia is so beautiful! I really enjoyed seeing her take her first steps and enjoying her birthday cake on her first birthday! So glad you guys are doing so well. We miss you guys!!
ReplyDelete